The society sent their largest team so far to compete in the British University Championships, earlier on this month. Barbell President, Georgie McDonald (84kg weight category) came first in her category with a total of 375kg (Squat 135kg, Bench 75kg, Deadlift 165kg).
Rowan Hanson also came second place in the 105kg weight category with a total of 712.5kg (Squat 262.5kg, Bench 170kg, Deadlift 280kg).
The team sent to the Men’s University Championships (23rd-24th April) consisted of the following:
- Liam Collins – who qualified for the Nationals with a total of 550kg in the 93kg weight category
- Kieran Venner – who also qualified for the Nationals with a total of 400kg in the 66kg weight category
- Jiwan Gupta
- Louis Collins
- Andy Penny
The women sent to the Women’s University Championships (13-14th April) consisted of:
- Natasha Maskell – who qualified for the Nationals with a 227.5kg total in the 47kg weight category
- Yasmina Abbas – who qualified for the Nationals with a 275kg total in the 84kg weight category
- Holly Chesney – who qualified for the Nationals with a 280kg total in the 57kg weight category
- Kajsa Dinesson – who qualified for the Nationals with a 300kg total in the 72kg weight category
- Hannah Sharp – who qualified for the Nationals with a 187.5kg total in the 57kg weight category
Following this recent round of success for the team, Barbell will also be competing in this years Roses tournament against Lancaster on Saturday 4th May, in the University of York Sport Center from 11am. Details for the event can be found here.
A massive congratulations to all lifters who competed!
Latest posts by Violet Daniels (see all)
- Interview: Bethany White - May 1, 2019
- Barbell President comes first in British University Championships - April 27, 2019
- City Secrets: April - April 18, 2019