The Yorker’s candidate profile for Aquib Hussain & Yousef Jumah who is running for the position of BME Officers in the YUSU Elections 2015.
Name Aquib Hussain & Yousef Jumah
Candidate for BME Officers
College A- Goodricke Y- Halifax
Course Both- Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Why are you running? There are pressing BME issues that need to be addressed and feel that we are the best candidates to deal with them.
What are your policies?
- Encouraging student interaction through BME 4 ME, a new initiative to increase student opportunities to voice concerns, primarily through open-forum regular meetings
- A concentrated effort to further student integration in the university social sphere by supporting existing culture & faith societies
- Raising key issues such as the participation of BME students in student union & society committee roles
Why should students vote for you?
- Our policies are clear-cut and speak to BME students at various levels
- Everything we’ve set out to achieve is ambitious yet attainable
- We’re specifically lending support to the various faith and culture societies
Manifesto in a sentence Real change through student interaction, integration and (raising) important issues.
Latest posts by Nora Wong (see all)
- Vanbrugh Paradise to be transformed to Vanbrugh Piazza - February 28, 2015
- YUSU Election 2015 Result Liveblog - February 27, 2015
- Controversy: Should International Officer be ISA President? - February 27, 2015