After a brief hiatus at The Yorker: Independent and Online we’re back in action. Look at this website, it looks pretty. Enough self-referential congratulations, onto some Music News. New Music. Both!
Above: mainstage headliners at upcoming YUSU Summer Ball
Things to be aware of, in chronological order:
- Section Boyz. Tomorrow night in Mansion, grime. If you’re not acquainted, get acquainted, procure a ticket. Might see Stormzy or even Drake there. Support acts are excellent.
- Summer Ball (7th June). Example may be a strange blast from the past as a headliner (and still fun to dance to if you can remember anything besides ‘Changed the way you kissed me’) – many great bands are there too. Jaguar Skills, Blossoms, Get On Up, Black box, Donkey Zoo, Doxis, funfair attractions and silent disco madness are all great reasons to find a flamingo on campus or just go! It’ll be fun.
- UoY Band Society: Recently put on a great ‘Festy McFestface’ open mic night on at Courtyard and will have their own stage at aforementioned Summer Ball, it’ll be amazing.
- Big D was Big. Der Went, Derwent, try it sometime. Say what you like about Derwent: they know how to throw glitter at things and run a great night full of wonderful music. Even if the headliner Karen Harding forgot to sing the national anthem
- Apparently live videos are a regular facebook thing now? Just got distracted by Corbyn making a live video, that dude is far more tech-savvy than I. Admittedly it’s not Jeremy taking a selfie video (why this silly editor assumed that is anyone’s guess). Back from my tri-minutely facebook distractions/memes now.
- Forgot what chronologically meant, it does not mean this list.
- Big Narstie was apparently fantastic if you went but The Yorker did not.
- New Order have a funky tutti frutti new album.
See you on the other side. Exams are over, the weekend is here.